Our data is important. Whether it is our family pictures, financial records, emails, or that book we are writing, it would be tragic if we lost it the information and were not able to recover it. Most of us know the importance of keeping backups of our data, but it is not always practical for us to do it regularly as many other priorities seem to get in the way. One way of keeping copies of our data safe is to store it on the 'cloud'. "Cloud computing is the delivery of computing as a service, whereby shared resources, software, and information are provided to computers and other devices as a utility (like the electricity grid) over a network (typically the Internet). Clouds can be classified as public, private or hybrid." (ref; Wikipedia).
Services to backup your data are available from a number of companies, however Box Support includes an automated backup capability with your subscription. All you have to do is contact our technical support team and have it set up.
This type of service provides;
- Improved security for important documents or family memories.
- Access your data from other computers and/or mobile devices. A secure log in ID is required.
- An automated schedule to back it up so you don’t have to remember.
- If the files are large, you can run it when you are away from your computer and you don’t have to be there to watch it
- It is the most affordable way to keep your data backed up and secure. This allows home users the same benefits of large corporations at a fraction of the cost.